R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2003, 10:24 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The first thing I can tell you is that I am going really stiff on this car for foam and its working better and better. Smoother and smoother and carrying more and more speed. I am up to yellow AE springs front and rear and front shocks stood up and rear shocks in second hole in from outside. Very little droop as well.

Chicky (Paul) was just plain old faster everywhere-but thats why he has been in 4-A-Mains out of four at HUGE races, but my car held its own in terms of corner speed. He had me on motor and driving a bit faster. His average lap time was 8.5 and mine was 8.6. His fastest lap was 8.2 and mine was 8.5-so pretty close.

Tomorrow I'll tell you what car was doing poorly and what I did to correct it-then twll you what car felt like after the changes!!!

Between mrodney and I-we should be able to dial you guys in on a set-up for foam/carpet.

Peter-my top deck was tweaked at one point-thanks for the tip!!!

Difuser-the modification to the crown gear is working!!! I had one going south and THEN did the modification you described and the gear survived all night!!!