R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What Really Makes a Car Better?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 08:55 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joemugen
I always hear, this car works better on this track and this car works better on another. For example, I always heard that the serpent works better on high byte tracks and the kyosho works better on mid to low byte tracks (for example the worlds in brazil was a low traction situation). Now, what is really different between these cars. Shocks, a arms, droop setting--- they are all the same. For example, the shocks on a serpent and kyosho are physically different but they both can be adjusted to have the same softness/stiffness. So, in my opinion, the differences in the handling comes down to the chasis itself. Basically, the serpent must work better on high byte tracks because it has a slightly stiffer chasis than the kyosho (stock versus stock). So basically, the chasis is the key to these cars. Other than that, all cars are equal. My 2 cents. What do you guys think?
Eventhough all cars might look alike to the simple eye in their concept, there are differences in materials, balance, CG, and most of all in dimensions and geometry of suspension design which make a particular brand to function and feel different than others.....it's the same as Formula one cars...they look alike but on the track function very different between them...some even design the chassis around the brand of tyre they use.....I think it is a very complex question as is the complexity of any Rc car.

AFM