R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
muahdib4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Difuser
Stone they changed the rule after you were there. All the silver/black can motors(winners) are being teched as they come off the track.

I know Tom (Borgfeldt) has advocated the 1-way for years up there. Down here stateside it has never been allowed along with no spools.

Jerry Mann is just plain a good driver. It would be good to see him down again with a chance to go to Japan. I also think Tom has the same ruling on sponsors as we rule do here. Support is fine flights around the country and hotel rooms bad.

While I hated the battery rule Tom put in, it has made the classes that run it alot more interesting. It definately puts a premium on clean driving and cornerspeed setup for the chassis.
I did question Tamiya USA regarding the use of a 1-way and the response was:

Dear Tamiya Customer,

One-way diffs are allowed in Mini class? That I haven't heard of. No,
they
are not allowed in the U.S., a one-way diff is not a designated hop-up
for
the M-Chassis.

Tamiya America
Customer Service

That of course doesn't mean that they aren't allowed in Canada but it appears that Tamiya USA never even heard of them being allowed by anyone. My personal stance is that they shouldn't be allowed at all since it does take away from the spirit of everyone pretty much having the same car but I guess Tamiya Canada disagrees.