R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TITC 2007
Thread: TITC 2007
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:30 AM
RC MARKET
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
Hi everybody from sunny Bangkok, thanks to Toni for the Notebook so I can update you guys since I'm not so busy right now (which means, all is running well with our brushless gear... )

Most guys practice here since yesterday morning and the usual guys are fast and the HB crew seemed to have found the best setup so far. Hara, Moore, Surikarn, Ronald all are doing fast laptimes... Tamiya guys (Marc, Kitazawa, Hupo, Viktor) are also fast in some runs, but their cars seem harder to drive for the moment, but I'm sure they'll also get it sorted out until qualifying will start on Saturday.

In regards to brushed vs. brushless, not only Ronald uses it...
Surikarn is also using brushless (LRP TC-Spec speedo with Orion 3.5 or 4.5t motor), as well as many asian guys with LRP speedo and LRP or Orion motors. Andy Moore also tried brushless last night for a few runs (Nosram ISTC speedo with Orion 4.5t motor), but it was only a first taste for him and it was clear that he would be using brushed stuff for this race since there is only limited practice here and he wanted to focus to get his car right. But he seemed to like the power that brushless provided to him...

As expected with the new stuff, all is working really well and no temperature problems whatsoever in the extreme heat of Thailand (track up to 55°C while air is 38°C).

Also there is of course a few Novak guys, like Charlie and Nicholas Lee, running their brushless system and and they seem to do fine also.

I can try to keep you guys updated from the pit (thanks to Noppakao from RCS for the WiFi...).
Do you have Andy Moore , Surikarn , Toni .... car photo ?

Thankyou !