R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-02
Thread: Tamiya TB-02
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DrKucho
are you suure off all of that? i think it is the contrary , to avoid striping better leave some play in the shaft, why tamiya would leave such big play in the tb-02 stock shaft? that's cant be a lack of precision , that must have a purpose , and taking in mind the TB-02 is a cheap version of evo 3 , and that means cheap cars are made to be strong (as all plastic ones) i definitly think that the play of the shaft is for avoiding striping gears

when the has a frontal crash , the chasiss bends and compress front to back , shaft play avoid the bevel gears to push the diffgears
pretty sure considering ive used the TB-02 in GT2 and GT3 for 3 years now at Tamiya's TCS series. I think i was the only one with a TB-02 at nationals last year. anyways.. you dont want to shim it tight. just enough play so that you can have a piece of paper inbetween. kind of like your spur/pinion gear mesh. same idea.

evo3 had the same problem. the original shaft was too short. tamiya made running fixes to try to cure the problem (reinforced, fatter one way gear and longer shafts with a thicker front end) thus the TB-02 inherited the defects.