R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - trinity DPD digital pro discharger!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 11:55 AM
mha
Tech Initiate

I can't believe that vassagos solution really works. The DPD discharges in 2 stages. Remember? 1st stage is the full pack 5A linear or 30A pulsed that discharges the whole pack until the first cell hits the selected cut off voltage. Then it reverts to the 2nd stage which is a single cell discharge at approx. 1.5 Amps.

Vassagos solution is equivalent to a 6 cell pack with cell 1 being dead (0 Volts, internal short). So what I reckon is going to happen is that as soon as the discharge is started cell 1 jumps to "done!" as it is always below the cut off. Then stage 2 individually discharges the other 5 cells, but only at 1,5 Amps.

@vassago: Please do a litte experiment: take an empty 5 cell pack and exactly charge it to let's say 2000mAh (5A charge current, 24 minutes charge time). Then put it on the DPD and measure the time until the first cell in the pack says "done!". Then measure the time it takes for all cell (i.e. the last one) that says "done!". Please report the times here. Thanks a lot.

MHA