R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 New Novarossi engines comming out!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 02:09 PM
MRX4-R03
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by am
I can not agree that the the same engines you buy in the shop is the same enine that the team is getting. I have an engine that is from Samuel lanzi, id not get it from him, erly prototype for the 421. It does not look modified but there are different timingnumbers and ither featurers to that engine. I have also seen other team engines and they are not standard engines. I have had shop engines that have ran very differnt even it is same engines ( Novarossi Crono RS5 buggy engines). One engine ran so much better than the other two but looked similar inside. I think that when the engine comapnies change toos, they take the first and best machined parts and match them togehter perfectly. When the tools have done some work it goes in the "customars" batch and that is wheat you and i can buy in the shops.

Even if the engines look the same i think it is different or matched parts. I friend of mine got a team engine from Rb, Ws7 II. in this enigne it looks like a standard engine but even my spesially prepard Recab RS05 engine that is not for sale form Recab (team engines only) could hold that engine. We raced at Holland indoor race with Bill HAgen, Pavidis, Degani and Chad Bradly, Daniel Reckward and the only engine that came close was Jerome Sartels factory JP racing engine. The factory engines is something very spesial, i just have not been able to figure out what it is.
I agree with you on "box stock" engines and team engines. I have a box stock jp kangaroo and and signed team jp engine and you can tell by the sleeve cuts very different crank inlet is also bigger..
I also have a box stock jp plus .12 and a team jp plus .12 and both are different even the crank..
Team motor's are different because they rely on there driver's to win with there motor's..
Its seems Mike Swager ran much better and faster when he was running novarossi x12's and the Jp t03 engine's but because ninja is part of mugen he cannot run engine's anymore...That right there kinda sucks!!