R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 08:49 AM
mrodney
Tech Adept

Default set ups

Hi guys

Well as I said yesterday, here is the setup that I ran in mod foam with the evo3 and found it to be very consistant.

first I start with setting the down stops. Using an associated gauge I set the front to 2mm of droop,and the rear to 4mm.

2nd I set my shock lengths to 62mm

on the front suspension mounts I add .07mm spacers under the rear block. When you do this you have to file the back edge of the mount so that the steering linkage doesn't hit. Mount the front mount flat on the chasis. Set the arms at full rear, meaning the spacers on the shafts should be in front of the arms and none on the rear. I also use the blue sway bar on the front, and instead of the one way I use a ball diff. Set camber angle to 2 degrees, and the front ride heigth at 4.5mm. I used 70 weight oil with 2 hole pistons with the red urethane bushing in the shock cap, with associated yellow springs.

As for the front diff, I run the diff tight and also I made torgue rods like on the 414 set to 56.5mm long.

Shock positions are third hole on tower and second hole on the lower arm. Camber link is in the number one hole on the upper arm position on the tower (refer to the settup sheet given with your kit for referense).

Now for the rear. On the suspension mounts I use the b block for the rear and the a block for the front. On the front mount use a .07 shim to add a little anti squat, and let the rear block sit on the chasis. On the shock tower mount the shocks on the number 5 hole and the camber links in the number1 hole and the b hole on the upright and the second hole on the lower arm. I also use the blue sway bar on the rear as well, and set the rear ride height to 5mm. I use 50 weight oil and a 3 hole piston with associated purple springs.

As for tires I run the trc double purples on the front and tan on the rear and cut them down to around 58mm. This can vary between 55-60mm which ever you feel comfortable with. And for gearing, I ran an 11x1 with 96/27 and the motor was just right.

I hope this helps anyone out there who may kneed a good setup, It may not be for every one but it really worked for me. If anybody has any more questions drop me a line.