R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why has the hobby headed in this direction?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 AM
FastFat
Tech Adept

I race stock class buggy. And I use tuned motors, but I buy my batteries off of a local on-road driver. And I do quite well with those batteries but I do take very good care of them. I use a top of the line ESC because one thing that I've learned in this hobby is you get what you pay for. I like the stock class because I don't have the skill yet for mod racing. Where I race I don't see anytinhg like you guys are talking about.
I own two great chargers, and the proper dischargers and trays I take care of my buggy checking the diff every week and go through my bearings every other week. I learn to properly set-up my buggy to the track and learn to drive the buggy for that track. I try every place to get pointers from better drivers so I can see where they are going and why they did what they did to get the set-up they have. I'm learning how to properly set-up my radio to my driving style and the buggy or truck that I'm driving (thanks Doug). I love stock racing. Soon I'm moving to 19 turn. Then maybe this time next year I might be thinking about mod. I've had the chance to watch some of the top off-road electric and nitro drivers (Thanks Scotty) and I see how they drive and why they do what they do, so I don't think the hobby is moving anywhere but toward perfection. At least that's the way I see it.