R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - keeping up with the Jones'
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
teamgp
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Sure that would be nice if I could afford all those...like most...I can't. I base it all on what I see every week at the track and not what I read here or in magazines where every has an "opinion". Sorry if I don't just spout the newest rhetoric printed in the shiny brochures. Maybe our track is different and every other track has the hot new chassis (ie..XRAY) win all the time and old chassis are always finishing last but I doubt it. Driving skill pays more dividends then anything else. Like I keep saying...you can have the best but if someone outdrives you..you still LOSE regardless of any other factor.
And if your wheel nut falls off...you still lose? And if the negative spring on your motor sticks...you still lose? And if your wing comes off after someone hits you from behind...you still lose? And if your tire chunks...you still lose?

None of those have anything to do with driver skill. And I certainly think that the tires used pay more dividends than driver skill.

Come on man. Stop hatin. Its not all rhetoric. What you see at one track can't be superimposed on all others. What you see with one driver/chassis can't be applied to all.

Now my point is AGAIN, that if two drivers...heck lets say the SAME driver were to use two different chassis and have ample time to test and find the optimum setup for each, one will definitely be faster than the other. And I can almost guarantee that you can tie the difference in performance to the differences in chassis that you say are insignificant.

Ever seen a bottom A main driver with a newer chassis beat the best driver with an older chassis at a track. I have. More than once. Chassis & setup can make up for a lack of driver skill. Some but of course certainly not all.