R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - keeping up with the Jones'
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 AM
muahdib4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by teamgp
We can agree somewhat then. Per my post above I have the driver at #2 and the chassis at #3. Driver skill does mean more.

However, the chassis and its inherent setup possibilities (including model TC's) are more important than you make them out to be.

You sound like an independent engineer. Why don't you find out which one is faster for you and let us know. I doubt you'll be *consistently* faster with an older TC3 or T1EVOII (with any setup) than you will be with a newer TC5, T2'007, RDX or even the new Schui.

I also doubt you'll be faster on asphalt/rubber with a 007 US edition than if you used a 007 EU edition as well. They look pretty similar right?
Sure that would be nice if I could afford all those...like most...I can't. I base it all on what I see every week at the track and not what I read here or in magazines where every has an "opinion". Sorry if I don't just spout the newest rhetoric printed in the shiny brochures. Maybe our track is different and every other track has the hot new chassis (ie..XRAY) win all the time and old chassis are always finishing last but I doubt it. Driving skill pays more dividends then anything else. Like I keep saying...you can have the best but if someone outdrives you..you still LOSE regardless of any other factor.