R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobao GPX4 Pro
Thread: Hobao GPX4 Pro
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 06:35 AM
JOHN TAN
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shocker360
John,
I'm assuming you have already broken the engine in after at least 4 tankful's of fuel, right? Make sure your master needle is at 2.5 turns at starting. If engine is idling high, adjust the idle screw to lower the rpm.
Also, are you having problems accelerating your car from idle? Having to rev the engine higher in order to move? If so, it may be possible your centax clutch isn't properly set. As you stated about distance A/ Distance B, the distance should be no less than 0.3 mm, no more than 1 mm, from where it is indicated on the illustration of the centax. when pushing or pulling, you should not exceed those measurements. But likely, your clutch adjustment nut may be too tight, and may need to be loosened. To loosen, without removing the engine or clutch bell, there is a small hole on the clutch bell, behind the large (2nd) pinion gear. Using an allen wrench, small enough to fit in the hole, catch a slot on the clutch adjustment nut, and turn the nut counterclockwise to loosen. Do not loosen too much, about 1/4 turn, then start the car and check how it responds to your acceleration. When idling, make sure the car isn't moving.
I hope one of these suggestions helps. Keep me up to date on your progress. Best of luck!
Thanks shocker...u have mentioned something(clutch adjustment screw) i have never noticed it at all...ok i will try it a few day later as now busy preparing for our Chinese New year...will keep u inform...thanks a lot.