R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Orion Avantage carbon vs. Much More Cell Master CTXC
Old 02-12-2007, 09:49 AM
BSchorr
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Id have to 100% choose the Orion Advantage Carbon charger. I just picked up a 2nd one.

My final thoughts....

1. Cell Master cant run motors in, (You have to buy another $180 Motor Master to do so!! This should be the first green light to get the Orion!)

2. Cell Master cant charge more then 1 amp for lipo! (This should be the second green light to get the Orion!)

3. Cell Master only has 3 charge memories, the Orion has 5. (Not a to big of a deal)

4. Both have step charging

5. Gotta dig the carbon fiber look on the Orion

6. Orion gots that nifty battery holder on the side.

7. Finally, I have found lots of Orion Advantage Carbons going for $100 Buy It now, but some like $114 plus shipping on ebay or other online hobby shops. Still beats teh price of the used rate on rctech of the Cell Master of $130-150

As far as the Ice goes, also looks like a good charger, two probs, cant read it sitting at your pits, have to prop it up on somehting, not bad lit for lowlight conditions. And generally $130 new

And I can honestly say, I think the reason people get the Much More items is because they are jumping ont he band wagon. They think... (The pros use MM and win, maybe i should to!)

My thoughts
Ben