R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question regarding the TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
90% of a cars total ability lies within you. If you can dial in a chassis and wheel it, it's competetive. A $400 car doesn't drive itself. The guys at the top can be separated .05 sec/lap by a car design. But most of us spend a lot of money on the cool cars because they're cool.
True, but there is another reason why certain people gravitate towards certain cars, & that's comfort. Not every car will suit every driver, & driver comfort is a VERY important part of racing(if you can't trust your car, you won't be very quick with it). I was quite comfy with the TC3, & I ran well with it, & when the TC4 came out, I figured it'd be more of the same, but I was wrong. I could never get it running in a way that I could drive consistently(though some have & do), so I switched to Tamiya(right now a TA05, & have a TRF415 MSX coming) & have found that the way they like to be driven & the way they handle suit my tendencies MUCH better, so I'm turning slightly faster & much more consistent laps with them. But again, it all comes down to how the car feels to YOU. If you feel good about what your car's doing & can turn in strong, consistent laps with it, then don't feel pressured to get the new car flavor of the week, just relax, race & enjoy.....