R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:31 PM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crocket
40% -[list][*]How do you find the Centre Torsen Diff? - I have one but have never run it[*]Do you also run a Torsen diff in the front?[*]Thanks for the warning about the front plate, I have seen others running them. They look trick
Kind regards........Dave
The untold story of the my centre torsen diff.

I did as the manual instructed me to break in.Figure 8's on the road for two tanks and then slipped in the oil that came with it.

I did not like the way the buggy handled offroad. It felt light! too light! like the buggy was not mine..I'm using proline crimefighters , i do have a good grip of the track but i feel that the buggy is not clawed in the track like it's drifting on air.The jumps too felt weird it does fly but with less effort and less rpm than b4 [ yes i know this is good ].The first few tanks i was swearing that the diff was a bad idea. I removed the stock oil that came with it and try experimenting with several wt's.

Currently i'm using a 10000/ofna in the centre torsen it feels just abt ok not that light buggy feeling as b4 with just about the right acceleration out of the corners and i can drift a big turn on the inside with minimal blips of the throttle.I'm still training myself to get used to it. But my rc weekends is on hold as i'm waiting for a set ceramic bearings for my engine.. Plus my spektrum died on me > i guess it's more to each individual driving style and prefs???

Most people run the torsen on the front to get the front hooked up in the corners and it does not disturb the rear diffs while pushing out the buggy from a good push.Have not tried this yet our favorite local supplier ran out of the front torsens b4 i could grap from him.Infact there are rumors that mark's mp777 was using a front torsen at the IFMARS, only way to know is to speak to him

Another trick of a ala front torsen was also in the last month issue of rc driver magazine where you make mods on the steering servo to unlock the front brakes at a certain angle of a turn.

No worries about the front plate. That broke first in my x1cr and i had to use a customized handmade version till the finally better looking one came out :P.