R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 11:36 AM
mike_Webb
Tech Elite

The EVO2 is not all that on carpet. To make it really good on Carpet with Foam you need to do just one thing..Buy the Solid Graphite Top Deck for the car and that will make it great on the Carpet. The semi-flex Deck makes it twist to much. If you look at the X-Rays at the carpet nats all of them had the solid top deck. That is all you need to do. If you want to mess with your setup and change a lot of things to make it work on carpet with the flex deck then go for it. I would just buy that one thing. Also what a lot of the X-Ray drivers here did was go back to the original Chassis. That helped a lot too. I talked to Mr Hudy at the snowbirds and he said they don't make the original chassis anymore so if you find one you should get it. The other option he mentioned to me was to buy the new T1R Chassis and use the Graphite Upper Deck.... he showed me one with the graphite upperdeck and that thing would not twist.

The other thing for the EVO2 is to get the C-Hub conversion. that is a must for Carpet racing. The Pillow ball is great for outdoor or Rubber Tires on Carpet.