R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 8th Annual Nitro Challenge
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
nobike
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Dude. This place is incredible. I came off the drivers' stand yesterday and gave one of the owners a big hug. The pits are clean and uncrowded, there's plenty of parking (that's within an easy distance of the pits), the driver's stand is big enough without being way too big, with a railing that's the right height for someone that's 5'10" (haha), and pit lane is easy on the cars, roomy, easy to see, and very pit-guy friendly.

The surrounding towns are nice and clean, with places to eat, grocery stores, everything. Phoenix isn't too far away that you can't go have fun in the "big" city. The complex that the track is in blows me away; the pit area has a nice view of the shut-down area of the drag strip (the cars that were running yesterday weren't messing around), the R/C flying field is behind the back straightaway, and there's a full size dirt oval in the distance. We got lost looking for the track and ran into the Motocross track. I was a kid in a candy store.

And the track is AWESOME. Maybe one of the best gas tracks I've ever driven on. I went through a half gallon of fuel yesterday and was sad that I had to leave.

Congratulations to everyone who helped put The Pit together, and a big "I'm jealous!" to everyone who lives closer than 5 1/2 hours from Wittman, AZ.
I have been hearing the same thing from alot of people, maybe we can hold the worlds there???