R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GP 4600
Thread: GP 4600
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 08:36 PM
YR4Dude
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Okay, I also have already posted my view about LiPo vs. NiMh. However as Sosidge said this is about the GP4600 cells. I myself happened on this thread because I was looking for a way to discharge my IB4200s quickly and properly in between heats.

I was somewhat hopeful of the new GPs so that I may go back to discharging packs on my 0-30 discharger. Battery maintenance with GPs is much easier to deal with than what is involved with the IBs. IMHO if it weren't for the IBs, people would have been happy with the simplicity and durability of the GP cells such that LiPo wouldn't be as attractive as it is now.

I myself am one of those, as posted by someone else here, who race for the sake to get out of the house and be among guys with similar interests in cars. There are many guys at my local track who are very fast. Fast so much so that it is more than just good driving and set-up. Of course to keep up I would have to run similar equipment which is whole list of pit equipment necessary to "trick" more speed into a brushed stock motor with NiMh cells. While I'm able to afford the extra gear, the thought of "working" this extra gear seems to take all the fun out of running RC cars.

So if the GP4600s have better voltage and capacity than the IBs it would have been a great battery then. Its just that it has come a little too late to prolong the usefullness of NiMh for RC.