R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Offical Mi3 Photos
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joamu
I really enjoyed the experience of driving the MI2EC - and therefore are really looking forward to the MI3.

The only thing that I had trouble with on the EC was problems regarding the durability of the CVDs.

I have basically tried everything, the alu ones, ti ones - now I am currently using steel in the front since we are racing with foams on high bite carpet - and i am still using the one-way not even the spool.

The steel ones last very good but here I have got the problem of loosing the bloody pins again. The back of the car is ok, the front CVDs are the problem.I Just have to say that the alu and Titanium ones wear to quick for any reason.

So basically all I want to say is that during a proper race I have to control and maintain the CVDs after each run.

Apart from that the car is just wonderful and does not know any other weaknesses.

If you have experienced the same sort of problem please get back to me - or might there even be stronger bones and pins in the future?

They actually redesigned the CVD's a few months ago. The problem was the hollow coupling. There was nothing supporting the cross pin on the opposite side of the set screw. So they would get over tightened and bend or even crack. That's why you would hear about guys loosing CVD's just going down the straight. The new ones have a black axle and the coupling is solid behind the pin to keep this from happening.