R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Millennium Pro
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 04:06 PM
Trips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Darkside-

I don't know how to answer your question. I tried to avoid buying NIMH packs for as long as possible, but it finally came down to the choice of buy some NIMH packs or don't run mod.

There hasn't been a new NiCad cell for racing since the 2400. The latest NIMH cells have more punch throughout the entire run and more run time. You can run them twice in the same day, and the times I have I've noticed the second run seemed as good or better than the first.

I wanted to be competitive in Modified touring car and that means running low turn motors. It takes 3000 NIMH packs to run the horsepower and gearing to keep up and still make run time. If I were running stock I'd probably still be running 2400's.

One thing's still for sure... I don't think we've got NIMH cells completely figured out yet, not like we have NiCads figured out. I'll really be a happy racer when we know for sure exactly what sort of treatment will be best for these cells. For now, I try to follow the advice of guys like SMC or ProMatch and hope for the best.

Trips