R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:25 AM
rajS
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey Guys, Thanks a lot for your input. I guess I need to get some real world data on how much amps are passing through my setup with the help of an onboard ammeter/voltmeter. This will confirm the proper course of action.

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Raj, it may have something to do with the 15c rated pack not supplying enough power (burst) try gearing ti down a couple teeth.
I will drop down a tooth or two since I need a different ratio for our tracks current layout as well as drop my initial amp burst.

Originally Posted by CRASH
I agree with rcracingkid, this sounds like the motor is not getting enough volatge an initial full throttle to get it going as quickly as you would like. Try gearing down like suggested. Also what are your settings at on your esc?

Later,
Forward and Brake w/ reverse lockout
Bracke Amount: 40%
Punch Control: 60%
Drag Brake: disabled
Start Power: Medium
Motor Timing: Normal
9.6v cutoff

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
Raj...there are a few things you can do to solve the problem. The easy thing to do is program the ESC for lowest timing, low start power, turn up punch control a little, and drag the throttle curve down from about 50-60% to make a nice gentle upward curve. The expensive thing is buy a more powerful pack. Kokam/Orion 4800's are my pack of choice...and Crash's.
I think the timing and throttle curve adjustments will do the trick. I think my batts are in the same category as the kokams but I will definitely try one of the new 20c+ packs just for comparison.