R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
GMartinez
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
I would upgrade the brake pads and disk to either the items from K Factory or the Kyosho ones. They provide less brake fade. You could also upgrade the brake arm at the same time. This would be more consistant for you. Next you could upgrade the shafts to titanium since they would be lighter. The general idea is that lighter items offer less resistance thus give higher rpm/speeds. They also have a lightweight clutch bell and flywheel you could look into as well.

All that aside the single most important upgrade IMO would be the gears. Supposedly the stock gears are aluminum and wear out quickly for some people. They do make steel gears that will be much stronger and last alot longer.

Pretty much just minor things and there's not a whole ton of parts that I would replace. Granted I have only owned a RRR WCE for a few days but I did my research and asked alot of questions and heard mostly the same things from everyone.

I'd stock up on extra gears, belts, nuckles, and anything that would break in a crash or wear out over time.

When it comes to "where do I order" here's two things to consider. Firstly ordering parts from rc-mushroom.com or somewhere like that offers you good pricing and the ability to get almost whatever you want. Secondly you have your local LHS who can provide alot of advice and little tips that you won't get from ordering online. It's up to you.
go to www.kyoshoamerica.com & you will be able to search on shop kyosho & you will see they have steel pinions available