R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AE GT2 RTR vs FT GT2 Kit
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 02:46 PM
dirtracer1
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by silentdonut
i'm really interested in getting the RTR GT2 until now I realize that it's a pull start. my LHS adviced me to look into the Traxxas trucks with the easy start thing that the Tmaxx has, but maybe it's because it will be my first rc??

are pull starts bad?
pull starts arn't bad.....they just add un-needed weight.

most likely, you're hobby shop has tried to steer you in that direction because they have seen more than their fair share of noobs that don't take the advice that they've been given and want to buy something that's beyond they're skill level for a biginner r/c'er and have had waaaay too many of them walk back into the hobby shop demanding that the hobby shop repair a broken pull starter cord.

a 2 wheel drive 1/10th scale race ready nitro truck is usually a bit much for a newbie. i've seen several noobs buy the xxx-nt rtr thinking that they could handle it (albiet, against the buying advice that's they'd been given) only to give up and quit the hobby out of frustration after jumping in over their skill level and driving abilities.

but if you really have your heart set on buying one, then you'd be best served by buying a starter box for it from the get go.

the gt2 in either form is a nice and very capable truck, and the gt2 rtr is a good truck to start out with.

good luck noob.

Last edited by dirtracer1; 02-04-2007 at 03:03 PM.