R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WCIC '06/'07
Thread: WCIC '06/'07
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 02:05 PM
dasdaman
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Suggestions

After reading the posts, it's great to see all the open dialogue.

Here are a few of my suggestions to add: I really think as a series, we should establish all the same procedures from venue to venue. For example:

1. All events should list those people who the following will be:
Race Director, Registrar,Tech inspectors, Track manager or any other official of the race. This reduces confusion and provides the racer information as who to approach for questions or concerns.

2. Registration should be closed by Friday at 9:00pm on the event weekend. This allows for the race director at each event time to set up all the heats and revise them on Friday night. The heats would all be posted with all revisions done. So on Saturday morning there are no more changes causing delays.

3. All venues start the race at the same time. My suggestion would be for an earlier start with the Drivers' meeting at 9:00 am and racing starting at 9:30 am. This allows for earlier finish times providing racers either more practice time or more rest in the evenings.

4. All venues should have the same race schedule. An example would be: 3 qualifiers on Saturday, 1 qualifier and the mains on Sunday with resorts after the first and third qualifiers. Two minutes or less between races in the round allowing for drivers to clear the track, go marshall and for the new drivers to check in. As rounds tend to be 3 hrs long, "mercy minutes" should not be needed. This helps with the pace of the event and allows racers foreknowledge of the event schedule.

5. The race results should be printed with lap times for all qualifiers and mains. This allows a racer to analyze if any adjustments helped improve lap times. (Most events already do this which is great, but make it a standard.)

6. Use the website! As the series has a website, it would be great to see a pre-registration system, detailed results, hotel info, basically a "one stop shop" for everything about the series. I realize its currently a work in progress, but its something to think about.

Remember, these are all suggestions and observations. I hope they are viewed as items to think about. . .

Dwayne