R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LIPO Balancers , write your knowledge here !
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 PM
padailey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok, i know NOTHING about lipo cells, i am curious is there anywhere that can give me a good start into all this "2s" "2p" stuff?
I'm sure there's more but here's a short one...http://www.rchobbies.org/lithium_bat...eakthrough.htm

also... i am wondering, if i get a 8000mah pack from maxamps lets say... is the dimensions of it similar to a sub-c 6 side by side pack?
An 8000 is about the same as sub-c in length and width but the problem is going to be the height where the lipo willl be considerably taller. A 6000 is the closest in size to a 6 cell sub c pack but will sit higher in the car because it does not sit down in the battery slots.

last question... does charging at different amp rates affect lipo the way it affects nimh? So do i HAVE to charge at 1C (8A for a 8000mah pack)... (as an example)... or can i charge it more slowly?
Charging at different rates with a lipo makes no difference at all as long as you stay at 1C or below. Lipos do not peak... you can't get more punch with more amps... it just doesn't work that way. There is no reason to charge below 1C that I know of unless you just want to waste some time. No matter what the size lipo you have if you charge at 1C it will take about an hour for a full charge.