R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 PM
blue247carz
Tech Initiate

Cheers for all your reply's,

I have measured my rear wheels from the centre line of the rear pod and adjusted the shims on each side to correct the balance as this was slightly out but it did not really change the handling as it was only minute.

My car does seem to be the only car that has this problem at our track hence why I new it was a setup fault.

It will pull to the left if you just accelerate hard from a standstill but does seem to be intermittant somewhat!!!

The diff I have been told that it's perfect, no slip and very smooth and free.

The ride height adjusters did have a very small amount of movement but I was told to slightly cover the adjusters with super glue and replace. I have done this and it has worked great no slop and the glue doesn't stick to the red anodise.

To be honest I do need to try a thinner side damper lube as this could be making the car slow to react to direction changes and giving the impression of a tweek issue.

I have tried the stiffer red side springs but this reduces the front end grip too much and as we only have 4 heats and 1 final in our champ the grip doesn't really build up enough.
I was thinking about softening the side springs and the damper lube as the car does seem quite stiff in roll against Jason Butterfields Trinity which is unbelievably quick and looks easy to drive in comparison.

I think I may rebuild from scratch and remeasure everything again just to make double sure, maybe I need to measure the tension of the side springs and see if there even too.

I will try all of your other tips and let you know!!

Many Thanks Again

Paul Pinkney