R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who will be first?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 AM
cvt01
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Yep..for 6 years...how long has Tamiya been doing it? Oh yeah..they practically invented R/C and DID invent onroad racing. Not that I'm knocking Xray but if you're going to give credit...
Probably it is my poor english but you missed the point completely. Did I say anything about who invented RC and that crap? Did I talk about tamiya? Did I give credit to Xray for inventing on-road racing?

All I'm saying xray started like a small business with a plan. They made money first by making amazing products and selling those to people in Europe who loved them. Then using the money they earned they hired these US carpet guys I guess because they know you must win some major races to sell a TC in the US. This plan is not rocket science anybody could copy it. Nobody does... because it's a ton of work maybe... because RTR and off road is a much bigger market... because some has brilliant designs but they suck when it comes to manufacturing or holding deadlines. Maybe xray is not outstanding in design (however I've never seen a diff like xray has or a multidiff in any other TC) but what matters to the customer is the complete package. I mean who cares if panasonic invented the plasma technology or not (I really don't know because it is irrelevant) most people buy those because for some reason they believe those are the best on the market.

Just for the facts: xray never did release a new car after 6 months. 9 months was the shortest period (T2 --> T2'007) and it was mainly to meet the start of the US carpet season. It can be considered as a try to satisfy the US customers because when they released the T2 everybody was bithcin here that the car came out too late for the season. I would be surprised if we saw a new car anytime before Sept-07.