R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who will be first?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
"Enthusiastic release schedule"...Thats great!! LOL. I would agree with your statement IF the 007 was not a better car than the T2....which it is better. The T2 was better than the FK05 (IMO). As long as you are actually getting a better or improved car I dont think its gouging. Also with the release of a conversion kit for the T2 owners I think that was a step in the right direction too. I mean you almost get a whole new car for 200.00. Granted it's half the price of a whole new car but wold you rather spend 400.00 one year then 200.00 the next for the complete upgrade or 400.00 every year on a new car and then 400.00 every year for the next 2-3 years for upgrades? Its the same difference either way.

EA
Can't argue with that, they did the right thing with the upgrade kit.

It's nice that they released improved cars, and a testament to their excellent R&D. Other cars get better with time too, thanks to people getting more familiar with them, learning new things, and continuing to develop the platform. How long does a car from a company like XRay actually stay in the hands of the pro drivers before they're off testing the next great thing? Are any of the kits really given a chance to realize their full potential? The people buying them that don't/can't keep up with the next greatest thing would really want to know.

But that's a tiny distinction, and I'm sorry this turned into a XRay bashing thread. I think they're great cars, and I'd buy one myself if I thought it was the right choice for me, or would make a bit of difference in my results.