R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Richey Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 02:18 PM
tennessee
Tech Adept

Default blah blah blah

Originally posted by SmeltzRacing
modellor

As far as my motors go, the ones that resembled richey's were produced in very small quantites and done for my friends. The ones that I have been selling do not resemble Richey's except for the button and jetting to the transfer ports. I have always strived to improve on the original. I was only here as an option to other hobbiest who couldn't get an RTU.

patelladragger

I never quoted you $330 for a Sirio, it was a Pixy Black due to my cost being $249.99 at that time. I stopped doing this motor because the price was too high. If my email stated the Sirio in the same price range as the Pixy, it definately was a mistake. By the way, I have been nothing but for the racer.

I am not one to speak personally about what I do with the things that I have received in my life, especially money. But, when someone makes a judgment upon my character, I owe it to myself to speak out. Since tuning I have not made one cent in personal profit. Making money for myself was not the goal. Now, in the beggining, I thought it was a good excuse to continue rc racing when my wife started to complain. I would just tell her that tuning motors would help pay for my broken parts. Well, I was wrong as tuning motors went to tooling and a christian organization called "World Visions"(www.worldvision.org).

In the beginning I never thought that using an RTU as a template for my own styled engine later on would cause so many problems. I continued to modify motors because Richey was ok with it. I never felt that I was doing anything wrong, if I did I would have stopped a long time ago. I hope for success to Richey and his RTU and to everyone who has helped the hobby grow. Merry Christmas and may GOD bless!