R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:11 AM
2-Bad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i need some help with tweak...
i just got the mip twaek system and it says that my battery side is too light. how can this be? i have to push the front shock collar down alot to equal the tweak in the front. anyone else's setup been this far off. i use a NOVAK gts ecs (0.75g), sanwa 94357 servo (2g)and a sanwa 93836 micro receiver (1g), and an epic x stock motor(?g). is it normal for all the elctronics to weigh more than the battery? to which side do you guy shave to mount weights to balance your chassis?- i'm speaking of ni-mh, not lipo.
swerv512,
Before you start measuring tweak, is your chassis flat? You can use your tweak station to confirm this.
First, remove the tires and place the car on 10mm Hudy blocks to lift the chassis off the tweak bars of the Station. If it’s in error, then you’ll need to get a little violent with the chassis, as it may take some twisting of the chassis to get it flat however this gives you a good starting point.

Next,
Is everything the same length? (shock shafts, spring collars, springs)
If so, bolt on a set of “Set-up wheels” (preferable 63mm dia) then put the car on the Station with one Hudy block under the rear of the car. Check the bubble at the front to see if the front suspension is out?

If so, then it maybe just the positioning of the bulkheads, shock tower, and/or pivot blocks that are causing this. It’s a common misconception that countersunk screws will self centre. This is wrong and the tweak maybe caused by the misalignment of these suspension components.

If you still have Tweak, then if you can, try and replace components one at a time (with a friend's car, if you can).

Once the front end is fix, remove the Hudy block from the rear and repeat the exercise.

Hope this helps.
Peter