R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Customworksking
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
Now that I've been thinking about it. I think it is the ackerman. It does the same thing the xray did when traction got high. Toward the middle to end of the corner if I try to give it a little steering input, it puts it up on the edges of the tires. I.E. too sensitive.

Anyways, my links are all long front and rear. Only using 1mm shim or none. Basically 1mm less than the kit setting. Ive also ran the kit settings at Trackside when it was hight bite and the car was really good except for the sweeper. I ended up with .5 degree rear toe, but was usually running 1 degree rear toe. I'll go back to 1 to get the forward bite. I've tried 3, but it seemed too tight, I like the car loose since I used to run foams. Short wheel base, because I like the turn in and steering it gives.

I'm 90% sure that changing the ackerman holes will cure the problem. But won't be back on high bite carpet for awhile. I'll report back when I do.
I want u to try 2 things 3mm shim under the front inner camber link make it short and long wheel base 1mm shim at each end l..et me know how it works