R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Matched Cell Problems.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Mosc_007
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kimbalion7
Ahhh Charles, i got the sanyos to explode at 46.56amp discharge after charging at 6 amps to a cut of temp of 48c let rest for 30 mins then did a controlled discharge starting from 10 amp increasing at a rate of 1 amp per second. Only one cell exploded at such a low current draw. All other cells exploded or vented above 50 amp draw. I did various charge and discharge rates to see what happens with the cells. So i didnt include that cell in my results as i thought it must have been faulty so used another to replace it in the results. Yes we brought in 100 of the Sanyos to do this test, but have about 3000 IB cells left for testing.

All cells exploded at 3c and 20c discharge continuous rates. Just to note the IB did vent not explode at the same control test IE: 6 amp charge 10 amp start, but noted that the IB didnt vent as early as the Sanyos. They vent more towards 60-65amp draw where as the Sanyo vented around the 55-60amp draw. This indicates that the cell manafacture is a stronger case and the vent system is set slightly higher in temp.

This is within design specs for the said cell.

Simon

PS. Now dont take this the wrony way, but Charles if you went to HarrisR/C website on the home page Tony introduces himself. So yer you werent looking hard enough, possibly not at all?? It sticks out like a bloody sore thumb ..... Perhaps you should re read all the websites that you have been looking at to see if you havent made any more errors??? This misinformation may have been posted in this thread?

One would expect a lower capacity cell to die at a lower discharge current. I thought the Vent opened at a particular Internal preasure. Not directly related to temperature ?.

It still doesnt explain why the IB4200's are exploding under normal race conditions.

Ok. Would you believe the Home page was the only page I didnt check. Pretty damm silly of me eh !. Yes, I did look. I looked at most of the pages. I just checked then and saw his name. Thankyou again.

Charles