R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SocalRChu
InspGadgt are you a Hawaii F1 RC racer? How is the racing scene there?
That's me...I was the race organizer/director for the scale F1 race out here which was one of the longest continually running race series in the US. I lose count in my old age but I believe we were nearing 15 years of the series. Unfortunately 2005 was the final year for the F1 series as interest died out. But 2006 saw the return of 1/12th scale pan car racing at an indoor track on pearl harbor. Unfortunately due to difficulties in getting on base and other issues that track was closed down and turned into an indoor airsoft field. Pan cars are my favorite cars to build, drive, and race so I didn't want it to die out so I started organizing it again in the parking lot of one of the local hobby stores. This sunday is our 2nd race and it looks to be growing allready. So far we are running 1/12th 19T, 1/10TC tamiya stock, and Mini classes. This will be held on the 2nd and 4th sundays. Also on the 2nd and 4th sundays is off-road racing at Barber's Point. They run pretty much the normal off-road classes. And on the 1st and 3rd sundays there is a nitro TC race held out behind the airport.