R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Seisick
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I would say, that there are "best practices" to avoid stripping the gears on an MTX-4, which are applicable to all cars. The guys who are stripping gears are adjusting their gear mesh, clutch, engine and engine mount differently than the guys that have never stripped gears. I think it's difficult for anyone here to troubleshoot someone else's cronic gear stripping problem, without knowing how the person is adjusting the aforementioned items. It's much easier to say, "Follow these procedures and let me know if you still have a problem", than it is to try and guess what the problem might be. If people followed the best practices - which I hope everyone will help me fine tune once I have it posted, then people won't have a problem.

Just my 2 cents..
exactly!

by the way, for those mtx4 owners that don't mind using rrr parts
the 384 belt fits perfectly with the 24 pulley, in my case my stock belt is very old and still like new, just a litlle longer, no way I can use the 24t with it since it's loose, tried the k brand and works very fine, ran out of belts by the way so i have to try!