R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - To all FT TC4 owners...
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 AM
AM03GT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phresko
I've had a problem ever since I started using Orion/Peak Lipos. The battery would slip because there's nothing holding it on the side, even with the optional battery strap AE sells.

Well I had been trying to find a solution to this problem, and I think I've finally got something worth while. I have this Scotch bundling wrap I bought at Walmart, and it dawned on me. I strapped it around the blue posts to make a barrier. The pics better explain the solution. I would also highly recommend the thumbscrews AE sells because they help tighten the strap to the battery a lot better than the clips.

Tell me what you all think, and if there's something I'm missing. I haven't tried it out, but later on today I will, and I'll let you know how it held up.
what i do is make two "post/nubs" along the edge of the chassis to help with battery ejection... i pick two spots and drill a small hole and countersink them... then i just use a 4-40 flat head amd some 4-40 black nylon nuts (2 per screw)... works very well and if done right it looks very clean... i'll try to post pics of it later...