R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 10:53 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I am in the process of putting an LRP Sphere 2007 ESC and Novak 13.5 motor (with sintered) into my RDX this week. The BL motor weighs about 30 grams more than my CO27s; so, I figure to do two things to get the car's side-to-side weight as balanced as possible: 1) change to offset motor mount; and, 2) go to a low-profile servo to eliminate weight.

Anyone have comments on their preferences between the KO low-profile servo (2343?) as opposed to the similar Futaba unit? I know about the price difference. Many thanks.
The offset bulkhead does seem to help a good bit in getting some of that weight closer to the center of the car. You can also replace the endbell on your 13.5 with the "ribbed" endbell that's used on the Velociti (non-HV) motors. The inside of it is drilled out, and lightened. I heard someone say it's 1/2oz lighter, but I haven't tried to verify that for myself. It's definitely lighter though.

I'm using the Orion Carbon LiPo, and struggling mightily with the car's balance. I've run out of room the put weights on the right side. I've got 8 gram Corally weights stacked double tall in all the slots behind the battery and single 8's under the layshaft. I've got a few 8's in front of the battery. I've got flat weights in the top groove in the battery under the strap. I've got weights on top of the battery strap. It's ugly as hell, and I'm still about 3 pounds light on the right side.