R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Faster corner speed like pro
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Cole Trickle
Tech Elite

Default Popsracer

Popsracer, we started a setup philosophy discussion in another thread, but I think it belongs here;

Originally posted by popsracer
...but, I find that using the SAME Tires and Inserts F/R makes the Car easier to set-up and ultimately drive faster. This is my thinking on having a "Balanced" chassis set-up. To try and keep both ends of the Car as Equal as possible.

I couldn't believe how much easier my Cars were to drive once I went to Digital HS servos for the Steering. [/B]
I agree on the servo point - it also makes it way easier to setup the car well.

I've been thinking about your way of thinking. I find it very interesting, however, there's a part that I dont understand yet. Let's take the example of the Pro2 with a little loose end. Now if one want to keep the front and rear to be quite equal, then there are the following to work with:

Tires/inserts. Springs/shock oil. And the front/rear have to be quite even.

Afterwards you can fine trim with droop, camber, camber links etc. I believe that one can get a pretty good result by doing so, however, I also believe that the rear still might be a little loose. This requires good driving skills, especially when the heat is on an adrenalin flows.

Now personally, I tend to be a little on the safe side setup-wise, that is, I prefer to have a little margin, to prevent shaky-problems.

I would appreciate your comments on this. The above is a little theoretical, since I havent tried your way of thinking in the real world. This is also the reason for asking...