R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - opinions on integy auto tire truer v2
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 03:55 PM
JamesArluck
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have the Integy auto tire truer and i've used the hudy auto also. I think the integy does a decent job, but the hudy is definately much higher quality. On my integy I put the hudy carbide cutter on and it helps a lot. Some things I don't like about the integy are:

-the diameter adjustment knob is pretty loose and can move during cutting. I added a locking screw to lock the settings in place.
-It's nowhere near as powerful as the hudy or OFNA. It's not a huge deal, but it means you can't cut your tires to race size in one pass without the motor bogging down a lot.
-The cutter feed speed is too fast. I usually keep it at the slowest speed possible.
-The cutter feed speed adjustment only works for the Left>Right cut. Once it hits the stop and starts going Right>Left it goes full speed, which can leave grooves in the tires. When using the power feed I stop the cutter when it gets to the far right then round the edges and take the tire off before moving the cutter back to the left.

It's definately not as durable or user friendly as the hudy, but for the cost difference I chose the Integy. But I still use OD's Hudy whenever I can get away with it.

-James