R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mark Stiles
How popular is brushless becoming in the US? At todays UK national, 9 out of the 10 A finalists used brushless systems, and most brushless drivers appeared to have an advantage with top end compared to drivers running brushed. Runtime is also less of an issue, with a lot of drivers coming off with nearly 1000mAh left at some of this seasons meetings...

Personally I've been very pleased with my nosram system. Before this season I had never made the A final at a national, and this year I've made every single one, with several top 5 finishes. I'm running the same car (L4), so its either my driving thats improved significantly or its down to the fact that brushless is better suited to me.

What are your thoughts?
We've had an explosion of interest in brushless here lately. Its due to the local tracks allowing the Novak 13.5 in Stock and the 4300 in 19t. Allowing brushless has virtualy eliminated brushed motors in Stock, since the 13.5 is a lot faster (almost as fast as 19t). In 19t with the 4300 it is a toss up as the brushed and brushless are almost the same. There is little interest in mod, unfortunately