R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 02:29 PM
poop
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Karl, we've not received your AMB PT yet but I'm sure it will be with us soon. I will let you know when it arrives.

To answer your question about names we don't use nicknames we only use a persons name, a hobby store/business name or a club/track name. The reasoning is that i-PT's are custom built transponders and we're identifying the owner to their own PT ID number. If someone doesn't agree with having their name used they will buy AMB PT's instead of i-PT clones.. but the advantage of having i-PT clones apart from the improved design and convenience is having the same ID number for all your cars.

There's no problem, it's like Scottrik says regarding ROAR rules and the use of clones "They are allowed, but be aware that IF there are conflicts the original AMB transponder has 100% priority. Conflicts between clones are left to the owners to sort out." I agree with that. The one time we could (but don't) make a clone without a name but just with the ID number is if someone has a clone made and does a trade in on it. In that case there would only be one PT in use with that number, however any 'extra' clones made using that ID would have the name included.
Hi Terry, thanks for your reply
cheers mate.