R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Car Action
Thread: Car Action
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 05:31 AM
tyreguy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

There is not question, to me, that Car Action is in the gutter.
First, the January issue cover is almost a copy of another publication.
The February issue they mention that they will have a "coming attractions" section on their site and to look for a review on the VTX-MST1 and that the review will be in the nerxt issue. Neither happen.

Someone mentioned that Trinity advertises in their mag. Well, they DO NOT. Not one trinity ad in the new issue. Perhaps that is good, think on the increased pages, of ads that is, the next issue would be.

Now, Trinity & CRC were the "big" sponsors of Cleveland. NEITHER advertise with RCCA, perhaps that is why they gave is two crapy pages.

It is clear, to me, that Car Action is copying Driver and XRC, the 2 best publications in the USA.
If there were only one mag it would be bad for ALL of us, there needs to be competition, friendly if possible, but it needs to be therer to benefit the consumer.
Driver and XRC have 2 different formats and have their pros and cons. I would let my son buy either, a MOM at a grocery store might be offended by XRC, I like the few hot chicks, (she probably goes to church 7 days a week) so she may opt for Driver.

Another issue with Car Action is their failure to cover other events properly. Heck, they have been sponsors of events, and done nothing after telling people at the race they would. This hurst them and everyone involved.

Just my 2 cents

Buy XRC and Driver!!!!! or Driver & XRC!!!!