R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Matched Cell Problems.
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Mosc_007
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kimbalion7
The cells are just as good as the Japanese counterparts and will withstand a fair bit. To a point.

Simon
That is something I am yet to be conviced of. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying that at the moment I have my doubts that the Chinese cells are the same Quality as the Japanese ones.

When is comes to performance on the track their is no doubt the IB4200's kick the lower capacity Japanese cells. I am wondering why Sanyo dont make a higher capacity cell. My only thoughts are that above this capacity the cell starts to become more and more dangerious.

You only have to look at the Battery Powered tool market. They are Extreamly Safety orriented. Some of the Major brands have only just started using 3000 mAh NiMH cells. Untill recently the major brands were still using NiCD cells because of the very high safety margin.

Has anyone ever heard of a battery powered power tool having the batteries explode ?. The Currents in the batteries can be just as high as those found in RC racing. The Good brands that is, Dewalt, Makita etc. The Cheaps ones are using low capacity cells which by nature are pretty safe. The higher the capacity the more dangerious a cell becomes.

Charles

Last edited by Mosc_007; 01-17-2007 at 05:05 AM.