R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion 3200mAh Race Spec LiPo
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 AM
deadsethara
Tech Rookie

Default Problem with for GTB 3.5R and 3200 packs

Just want to share my experience with you lot and see if anyone has had the same problem.

I took my new Cyclone Hara Ed out for a test drive at our local track tonight. The car had a GTB 3.5R fitted with the Novak smart stop voltage cutoff 2 cell, powered by an Orion 3200. What happened was that the cutoff device kicks in as I went down the straight. That to me means that the powerplant was pulling power down to the device's threshold of 6.25 volts or possibly lower.

I tested 3 packs of my 3200, all had the same issue.

My testing was cut short because of this and so I went home. I checked my packs and they were still on 8.4 volts. Huh? What the..?

So I ask, is this lipo not suitable for top end racing as it can't seem to sustain the power draw? Should I sell my 3200s and buy 4800s instead? I just bought 4 of these 3200 packs a month ago. I dread going back to Ni-mh!

On the upside, I just met Andy Moore. He just flew into Sydney tonight and decided to visit our club. We shouted him a beer and hanged around a bit. He's one cool guy. Cheers Andy!