R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VORTEC Nitro - your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 01:28 AM
pkmck111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Chaps...

First of all, I just need to let it out - the Vortec committee is not a "dictatorship" where we decide and everyone adheres to a plan, we have a common goal which is to keep nitro racing in Victoria alive and to grow the hobby/sport.We ( I ) want to make it better for everyone and am very keen to hear all sides of the fence - we are all racers !

I have seen the decay of Vortec events over the last few years and I feel that we need to get together and device some way of getting more people to these rounds - whether it's a change of format/ class/ food at the event/ DC 's hair style, I really don't care, what I want to see is more people at these events having fun!

The idea of putting up a Vortec thread is to get some more feedback from the guys that actually race - what are they thinking? - what are their ideas?

Quite often we have these Vortec meetings, share a meal, have a stubbie or two, everyone goes home happy , it's all positive stuff then we hear things aren't so rosy - the 6 round scenario comes to mind - everyone ( to the best of my recollection ) thought it was worth a try - now it's no good, OK, we'll change the calendar, no big deal ( KISS principle )

DC - re. the attendees vs race meetings at certain clubs, I think the argument is dead in the water, there is no way around it, our last attempt was to give every club an equal "slice" of the monetary pie, that has since been shot down in flames. Pardon my sarcasm but obviously it's too much of an expense to travel for any more than 1 hour every 2nd month for most racers....i'll leave that one open for comments...and I can get a lot more sarcastic... perhaps we need to re-visit the Idea that you had re. scheduling of rounds on a yearly basis again.

The problem I have, and it's very hard to not upset someone by it....look at this scenario...

I create a club, called Lue's RC, I join Vortec and have my 1 member ( me) race at all the rounds - then next year, I want to have a round at my track ( the car park at my local shopping center) I borrow MPRCCC's transponders, run a crappy event, pay for the trophies and pocket the rest to fund my R/C expenses over the next 12 months....is that fair? - how is that different to the "other" scenarios"

The "seeding" idea (in my opinion) was/ is there for 2 reasons,
Reason#1, to avoid some slower drivers having their race day spoiled by being put into a heat where they are like a fish out of water (and obviously the opposite) and #2 to generate some interest amongst racers - it really is not relevant - particularly in Pro Touring.

Adrian - it must be hot in Bendigo - did you fill your pool? ( re. Kaptn & DC comments)

I see what you say, consider this option -

pro touring "B" class - still the same cars, any engine, 2 speed - but not allowed to run there are the Jovanobrothers, Jesse, and anyone else that can string together a 5 min heat without breaking their car . This allows the guys that want to try pro touring to do so without fear of being in anyone's way and having to perform any sort of butchery on their cars.

An OS 12TZ is more than good enough to get you to the very pointy end of the field anyway - I don't think it's really necessary.

Stock class needs to be addressed - I agree 110% - you cannot create a car specific class - as for pro- stock, well, what you said is the current rules anyway!

My final comment as I put my asbestos jacket and helmet on ....

you cannot create a class to suit every driver - you shouldn't have to re-engineer the car to compete , remember the KISS principle!

Lets keep up these productive arguments and leave the bickering to guys racing at the Summernats!

Lue
There have been lots of things been said. The thing is we need to get everyone together for a few hours and discuss things. Fair Dinkum to troll through the thread and make it all make sense is a full time job.

All Clubs.