R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Boosta
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Hi Boosta

going back to last sunday re;;carpetwars the top 2 qualifyers in 27t had F-lines
Elliot who Tq`d & won the meet ran 1 set for 4 runs (it droped of a little on the fourth run

this is what i did & showed Elliot`s Dad what to do (it worked aswell)
there`s a suprise
rebuilt a EA Roar back up for him red/purple springs ,full face F-lines (ones you just sent me EA)
gearing was 8.3 fdr ,this stayed the same all day from round 1
ran it ,then got the cotton bud out soaked with Motor cleaner ,on comm spun round to clean ,cleaned the Faces of the brush up
mainley to get rid of burnt deposits ,it went faster on 2nd & 3rd run
4 th was good enough to get 2nd in last final ,still posted fastest lap aswell

basically you don`t have to cut comm & new brush every run to go fast ,if anything you will go faster on the 2nd & 3rd run reason being the brush is fully bedded in to the curviture of the comm & it is sitting preety & producing loads of power

F-lines
Hi colin, that's basically what i did, i ran a fresh set of f-lines in a c2 with pur/pur springs for practice and the first rnd but my gearing (5.98) was awful, the pos brush was going purple at the top! so i went up to 6.16 skimmed the comm and re brushed,bedded in etc but it just didn't have the go in it, i ran that for the 2nd+3rd quali and the first final and just cleaned the comm and brushes with a comm stick in between runs. In the last final i tried the 4499's but that was no good.