R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks for the posts and the interest guys.

SpeedXl-We did discuss the DNA suspension which some of the Velodrome guys use. We could not use a low GTP or LMP body with it as it is quite tall. That's why Marty and I are working up a low front suspension. His might be ready for testing in a couple of weeks.

What I think we are doing with this thread is continuing the development of the pan car. Long electric mains are certainly possible. On an untreated track I think I could run 15 minutes with only one LiPo. With two LiPo's I can run 20 minutes on a treated track and go really fast and only weigh a few ounces over the class minimum.

Christian-good to hear from you. You could even drive the beast. It handles pretty good these days.

If you have a link to a picture of the HPI front suspension, I'll take a look at it. Or maybe Mathijs already showed it to us. Is it a strut front suspension. No thanks.

Marty includes adaptors for rubber tires with some of his kits. With the new 3-link suspension I don't see a need. I got pretty good traction through the dust today. I am pretty happy with the foams, I run purple front pink rears. I don't need to have any other flavors in the bag for different temperatures or track conditions. That sure simplifies things.

John