R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Steve Walters
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've come to a simple solution to this servo setup issue. If your servo makes a peep of noise at full throttle its not right."Fix It" At full throttle with slide open, servo should not make a bit of noise and still have some end play when slide is pulled on
I agree 100% with Monkeywrench when setting up your Digital servo(s). Under load they will become noisy, but at rest they should almost dead quiet. If you use a return band or spring on your throttle ball it will make a little more noise then usual pulling against the band/spring, but as soon as you take the band/spring off, it should become quiet using the throttle. The servo using the brakes become noisy, because you are building resistant as you increase the braking pressure. The Losi don't take very much brake's to get the setup right.

Same with the steering servo when the buggy is elevated off the ground. I can turn my wheel to the max end points, and hold it there and no noise will come from the servo. (elevated) Make sure you end points (EPA) are set correct, and they are not putting undue strain on the servo. Digital servos are nosier but they can also tell you when your putting to much strain on them because of there noise level....

Last edited by Steve Walters; 01-10-2007 at 09:32 AM.