R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - International Racing Team Clubhouse
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Cmotif

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KoE
cmotif, when they do the background check...what are they comparing/looking out for? there must be a central database to house all info i presume? nothing important...just to see how other countries are managing arms

I don't know the whole ins and outs of a background check. All I know is what they told me, is that when I bought my son's .22 and my 9mm, they said that my background check went through in record time.

I did volunteer my finger prints years ago, when I served as a chaplain at a youth detention facility. I have no criminal record.

I think that it is to try keep guns out of the hands of felons. I know of a couple of stores in California, that were sloppy with their paperwork, and that is enough for them to lose their license that they need to sell firearms. A business like that needs to be squeaky clean if they are going to stay in business.

I know that Oregon is a lot more lenient on the procedure than other states. There was not waiting period, as there is in California or New York. I think that it look less that twenty minutes for me to look around, get my background check, get ammo, and pick a cleaning kit, make the purchase and leave. There was a point where I had both ammo and pistol in hand at the same time during the sale. That is against policy at a lot of guns shops elsewhere in the states. They have not had a problem here.

I really think that in the area that I live it has the least amount of crime of anywhere that I have ever lived. But it takes hardworking people to live in an area like this.

Cmotif <><