R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 PM
B&B Racing
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I now have 2 runs on my new Gen-X. I wanted to see how it was right out of the box so I used all of the parts that were sent including the tires. I put the 10 degree blocks on the front and the included 0.45 springs, no preload. Front caster washers were 3 forward, -2 camber and 0 toe in. Center shock filled with AE 20 wt. oil and the gold spring, just a little droop and 3mm ride height. Kit came with the Blue Tube Lube and white side springs. Side springs were just touching the rear plate. I ran the included tires. I think they are the gray rear and purple fronts. Batteries are in the forward position. I ran stock with the 19-turn class the first time out. I had too much front bite so I put on the CRC black fronts and added 1/4 turn preload to the front springs. I finished third. The next time out was at our local track. I started out the same but it was too twitchy. I put AE 0.022" front springs on with no preload. This really dialed it in! I wanted a little more turn-in so I toed it out just a little bit. That helped the turn-in but it wanted to wander down the back straight if I was off line. I TQd in stock and finished first. I replaced a CRC CK 3.1 with this car. The 3.1 was working really good but it was time for a new kit. This car seams to be more responsive to the little changes made to it. One thing that I really like is the ability to adjust the rear pivit ball tension without taking the car apart.

djb