R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Trinity 4200 cell ..no voltage?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 06:45 AM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
I did not abuse the pack. Soldered it up put about 400sec of charge at 4 amps and discharged to .9v Days later I go to equalize before charge and 0.0v on 2nd cell using my DPD. Confirmed with my voltmeter. No voltage on the cell.
Guess I lucked out on this pack.

I was talking about blowing packs up. IB cells will still go dead even if you follow the instructions to a "T". Its the way the cell is designed (which sucks in my opinion) but 99% of racers would rather have more performance than more reliability.

Proof in point IB recently just made the cells more robust or durable but to do that the average numbers went way down (lots of 1.22's and low to mid 1.23's with NO 1.24's at all) and every single person complained about it and would not buy batteries until they were back to where they were when we where having a lot of bad cells. So now they are going back to where we where (1.235+) but we will have a few more dead cells.. No matter what happens someone is going to complain and battery matchers will just have to replace bad cells at our expense (NOT IB's of course) because the racers want performance....not durability.

Keeping the charge in cells does not gurantee that you will not have bad cells...It just greatly reduces the chance. If you dont believe me take one pack and leave it with no charge in it for 2-3 weeks and then cycle it and you'll see what I mean.

EA